Re: NTLK Re: Sync with Palm Desktop

From: Doug Fuss (dfuss@ct.freei.net)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 20:35:50 EDT

>> Only if you're using a Mac. Palm Desktop is Claris Organizer for the Mac.
>
> I'm very excited by this. It means I can use the Palm-syncing features of a
> number of interactive html calendar services. Might be too much syncing to
> be practical, I'm not sure, but I have an opportunity to test a Palm V for a
> month so I'm going to give it a go.

I agree with you. I'm attacted by many of the features offered by the html
calendars and would like to sync one of them with my Newt.

Herein lies the problem: although the html calendars claim to sync with
"Palm Desktop," they in fact only sync with Palm Desktop for Windows, not
Macintosh. The Newton only syncs with PD for Macintosh, so I think you (and
I) are out of luck, that is if youre sticking to one desktop platform, Mac
or Windows.

You could use your Palm V to bridge from Windows to Mac, but I do think that
would be too much syncing. You'd also have to buy the Palm Mac Pack to have
a Mac compatible cradle. Anyway, if you decide to try it, it would go like
this:

HTML Calendar >> PD for Windows >> Palm V >> PD for Mac >> Newton

Good luck! If you find a Mac compatible html calendar, let me and the list
know. I wrote both Yahoo! and AnyDay.com, but their import/export and sync
engines were written by Puma and Puma supports Windows only. Bummer. :-(

Doug

douglas.fuss.pc.86@aya.yale.edu
ICQ: 63846722

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own;
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow, do thy worst, for I have liv'd today.

John Dryden, Imitation of Horace

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!