Re: NTLK Viewing JPG BMP files on MP130?

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 06:28:43 EDT

>Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:22:18 -0400
>From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com>
>
>Mike Stocker wrote:
>
>> Is there a program that will allow me to view JPG or BMP files on my MP130?
>>
>> I am just looking to be able to view images, like maps or drawings.
>>
>The only piece of software I ever heard about that displays JPG is Newtscape.
>Actually, you don't need the whole Newtscape package, but one extension that
>comes with it. And the only way to get this extension is by buying Newtscape.
>However, read the docs carefully, as this won't let you JPGs everywhere in
>your
>Newton. If you use Newtscape to browse the web, then you'll be able to see
>those pictures. I know that one of the latest version of SimpleMail also uses
>this extension to display emails that contain JPGs picture.

for viewing JPG directly, as Laurent suggests, you could use Newt's Cape
(and its JPEG plugin)
-- you can evaluate this (for 45 days) w/o registering;
SimpleMail 4.0 has a separate plugin/stationery for viewing JPEG attachments.
I think LunaSuite can also view JPEGs.

or you could convert the graphics on your desktop, e.g., use Newton Press
to create a Newton book.
or I think there may be other picture viewing authoring tools.

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!