Re: NTLK Viewing JPG BMP files on MP130?

From: charles mangin (newton@option8.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 18:32:18 EDT

Mike Stocker wrote:

> Is there a program that will allow me to view JPG or BMP files on my MP130?
>
> I am just looking to be able to view images, like maps or drawings.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael

in addition to using newts cape to view jpegs and such, you can also
make books out of them using newton press (available at
http://newtoncage.webjump.com/). i believe it will handle both
filetypes (on the mac anyway, not sure about PC) by simply dragging
the image file onto an open, blank book. once you're done, save your
book as a package, and transfer to the newt.

i haven't totally gotten the hang of gaphics in press as yet, but the
few i've done seemed pretty straightforward. others on the list
should be able to help out with the niggling details. good luck.

--

charles mangin | globetrotting Newton user newton@option8.com | http://www.newtontraveler.com ****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!