Re: NTLK - Emails again (Laurent, help me! :)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 11:49:48 EDT

Marco Mailand wrote:

> Flavio Ackel wrote:
> > I'm still trying to get my emails.
> > I've installed NIE 1.1 and SimpleMail 3.3. (thanks Laurent)
> > Now, I enter the InBox, then I click Receive - SimpleMail.
> > SimpleMail connects to my Inet Provider, sends my user name and my password,
> > but it can't find my POP server.
> > I think there's something wrong with my connection script.
> > My script only says "Send User Name" and "Send Password"
> Nowadays you do not need connection scripts with most ISPs. Your error
> msg points to another error: I think that your POP server address is
> wrong spelled or has may be recently renamed.

That's also what I am inclined to think. Check your pop server address. Duplicate
the internet setup you're using. Remove the connection/login script from it and
try it.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!