Re: NTLK Re: Wireless Network(Proxim Question

From: Thomas McCain (nstrngln@netdoor.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 11:48:37 EDT

I have just a couple more questions negril,

 you wrote:
>At work and when travelling I stick a Sony VAIO
>505 laptop fitted with a PC wireless card on to whatever network I am near
>to act as the bridge. If its the corporate LAN, I will use a USB to
>Ethernet device on the laptop.

Does the Sony require any special software other than the Proxin drivers to
allow it to share the network access with the Newton?

Also what kind of battery life do you get with the Symphony card in
place(assuming moderate use)?

Thanks
tmccain

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the