NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #27

From: Eric Sin (ericsin@pacific.net.sg)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 11:45:59 EDT

Hi
Just wonder if anyone has modified the NCU
to cause it to use the PC infrared port for connecting to Newton for the purpose of backups and downloading Newton packages. l Saw a message from Brad that he has successfully modified the NCU.exe file to cause it to communicate at 57600. Is this something worth trying? Hope I am not asking a stupid question.

Eric

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000 NewtonTalk wrote:
>From: Victor Rehorst <vrehorst@newted.dyndns.org>
>To: "'newtontalk@planetnewton.com'" <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: RE: NTLK new NCU version!
>
>On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Bradley Smith wrote:
>
>> I just edited the executables (nothing terribly clever I know). I was
>> actually trying to get a connection speed of 230400 but NCU wasn't having
>> any of it (PC version, haven't tried Mac yet). I can get NCU to run with
>> that setting but it won't connect? Strange?
>>

>This is probably because the serial line driver in the Newton (an LTC1323,
>if you want to get technical) only supports RS232 connections up to
>115200.
>
>-Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | vrehorst@newted.dyndns.org-
>--------President, Computer Science Club of the University of Guelph--------
>-------Homepage & Newton stuff: http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/-------
>----"No one's interested in something you didn't do" -The Tragically Hip----
Eric Sin
--== Sent Via Newton UMP2000 - The iPDA ==--

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!