RE: NTLK Help: Pretec Card Problem

From: Khaled M. Z. Tewfik (khaledt@mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 01:12:59 EDT

-------------------
First you could still try to access your card if you restart with all
extensions off (hold your pen about 1/2 inch from the housing pressed on
your screen while stating up or you can insert the card with you prefs slip
open.
-------------------
Thanks for the advise, but I am afraid the problem persists.

I inserted the card with the pref. open, but still I got the same message that the card need to be formated but I have to unlock it first, well. the card is unlocked.

I tried to insert the card without activatinq the packages. But I never got that to work. I pressed the pen 1/2 inch form the edge of the Screen about the middle. But the Newton always gave the same message. Actually I was never able to successfully have a no package boot even for the internal Store when I tried. I just do not prow where to press on the screen.

I also inserted the card into a power book. The card appeared on the desk top but the erase option was dimed and clicking the card was basically at no effect.

Can you be more persis on where on the screen should I press to avoid activating packages.

Thanks.

Dr. Khaled M. Tewfik,
Saudi Arabia

\\ /,