Re: NTLK Help: Pretec Card Problem

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 09:32:19 EDT

on 09-04-2000 7:00, Khaled M. Z. Tewfik at khaledt@mac.com wrote:

> I also inserted the card into a power book. The card appeared on the desk top
> but the erase option was dimed and clicking the card was basically at no
> effect.
>
> Can you be more persis on where on the screen should I press to avoid
> activating packages.

Khaled, if you want to erase everything that's on the card anyway you can
try to see if any formatting app (like Apple's free Drive Setup) can format
the card (if it would work you could reformat it in your Newton afterwards)
To restart with all extensions disables I always wait until I see the
startup screen (the one with the Newton logo on it) and put my pen 1/2 inch
from the left (I always have my Newton in landscape) and right after that I
get the dialog asking if I want to disable or enable my packages on the card
or internal store.
Hope this helps,

Robert Benschop

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the