Re: NTLK Looking for a PIM

From: doppler (doppler@mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 19:57:21 EDT

NAHUM SLOAN [nsloan@mail.cepp.org] wrote 0-04-04 21.18:

> Does anyone know of a Mac compatible PIM that will sync with a 2100? I've been
> using clockwork for a couple of years now for my calendaring and it works
> just
> fine but I really need a contact book as well. This double entry is "moiduh".

i guess that claris organiser is the best PIM, it is _really_ synchable and
easy to use. apart from backing up your names app, it will also back up your
notes, appointments and to-dos. it reminds you of appointments, so that
youll not miss a meeting even if you havent got your newt with you. what is
good with claris organiser is that it gives you a more simple way of
changing or entering contacts in the newt for example after a computer fair.

if you want to export the info to outlook express 5, go via claris
organiser, but beware, OE is not as easy to play with. claris organiser is
basically the same as that palm

dont forget to backup the claris organiser profile file before synching the
first 10 times or so before youve learnt how the synch prefs in NCU work, as
you may overwrite useful info. once youve learnt it, its quite easy to back
up the newt. make an alias from the file you want to synch in your NCU
backups folder, and off you go! warks fine for me ...

--

btw, for all those who have waited for my answer concerning the team agenda TCP/IP synching and open source policies, i must disappoint you. they will not refine the software, and they will not release the code. id really pay if someone could hack that dock app in the newt so that we could syncronise with remote files (as claris organiser files) over TCP/IP. even better if one could synch to a more standardised PIM as outlook/exchange, but thet is fiction of course ...

roman pixell

______pixell productions_stockholm__

mailto: roman@pixell.net phone: +46 (0) 8 242 606 fax: +46 (0) 8 598 14 954 cell: +46 (0) 709 10 35 51 icq user number: 3698764 ____________________________________

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!