Re: NTLK Newton & Nokia 6510

From: doppler (doppler@mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 20:09:41 EDT

W e b N e w t o n [webnewton@tin.it] wrote 0-04-04 18.09:

> A friend of mine asked me if Newton & Nokia 6510 could work together.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> If you use this hardware config, can you please let me know all the details
> (PCMCIA, cable, script, etc...)?

if you mean 6150, then the answer is yes, otherwise i dunno, cuz european
and american models seem to have different number series.

i use an "option modem gsm only" card with a small script for the modem. the
cable that goes with the 5110 and 6110 series goes with the card for around
120 dollars. the mobile phone bills will rate you an a+++ customer within a
couple of days, i use mine only to fax and send mail. recievinf faxes or
mails is a true pain, don try it ...

you can write a script easily if you use the app modem modifier.
unfortunately, i dunno how to export a script to a pkg file, otherwise i
would have posted it somwhere.

heres the script, anyway ...

--

Modem Name: Doppler Script Version: 1 Organization: Pixell Productions Id The Modem: False Use Hardware CD: True Use Config String: True Use Dial Options: True Hangup at Disconnect: True Supports Cellular: True Supports EC: True Supports LCS: False Direct Connect Only: False Connect Speeds: 9600 Config. Speed: 57600 Command Timeout: 2000 Max Chars. per Line: 256 Inter Command Delay: 25 Modem Id String:

Config. String No EC: ATE0&C1S12=12w2&K3&Q6

Config. String EC only: ATE0&C1S12=12W2&K3&Q5S36=4

Config. String EC and Fallback: ATE0&C1S12=12W2&K3&Q5S36=7

Config. String Cellular: ATE0&C1S12=12W2%E1)M1

Config. String Direct Connect: ATE0&C1S12=12W2&K0&Q0.

--

peace all

roman pixell

______pixell productions_stockholm__

mailto: roman@pixell.net phone: +46 (0) 8 242 606 fax: +46 (0) 8 598 14 954 cell: +46 (0) 709 10 35 51 icq user number: 3698764 ____________________________________

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!