NTLK Re: Implant Install...

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 02:20:20 EDT

>Well OK, I agree about the magnifying lamp and steady hand

Magnifying glass I can get...and need for other things in the future anyway.
Steady hand I got.

>but I did the job
>with no problem with a $25 dollar 20W soldering iron

20w Iron I got.

>with replacable tips.
>I used a very fine tip.

Which tip specificlly? I would rather spend $100 getting a good iron I will
use the rest of my life than paying somebody $50 to do it for me.

>onsiderable experience with soldering is highly
>ecommended though.

Ah ha! Now this is the problem. I have lots of experience...but I am not
very good! I have gotten better recently, but I am just an amature. I have
worked on surface mount things before, but usually removing things. THe
other day I soldered a jumper in place on a very small drive Jumper (much
smaller than the ordinary jumer pins), and then removed. I mean, how good is
considerable? If I get the right iron, and then practice with it, could I do
it???

Thanks for the feedback!

Drew

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the