NTLK Re: Implant Install...

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 02:08:49 EDT

Ed said:

>And by the looks of the instructions:
http://www.pixsolution.com/install2k.html
It looks pretty simple!
While I don't recommend that anyone with a Soldering
Iron go ahead and perform this upgrade, those
proficient with a good (read-exensive) Weller
Soldering Station, magnifying lamp and a steady hand
can perform this upgrade in less than 2 hours!
<

I want to do it myself. I feel like I have solder enough things, but I know
I need a better iron. I have been looking over the Weller units. Which do
you recommend? What wattage? Tip temp? do you recommend?

>Once I
get my Newt back from the Doc (of course I have to
send it to him first) I'm going to do this upgrade!
<

Ed, if you are sending it to the Doc, why not just let him do it? I would
not be that concerned about the $50 as much as being with out the darn thing
for 2-3 weeks and still being out $50. If I had to mail off my Newt for
soemthing else, I would gladly part iwth the $50 to go ahead and have it
upgraded also!!

Just curious.

Thanks for your feeback about the iron!

Drew