Re: more tts (was Re: NTLK interesting DashBoard script)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 11:55:36 EST

"mi(c)i" wrote:

> Laurent,
>
> What you have to do is to copy the _whole_ code from the first message of
> this thread. The trick lays in the [[inpt PHON]] string that tells the tts
> extension not to interpret every single letter but rather use symbols as
> modifiers for speech output. Since the Newton tts comes from original tts
> for mac, you can refer for these modifiers to
> http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/Sound/Sound-201.html for example.
> I'd like to point you at the example itself but - as noted before - newton
> underground archives are down. (In case you had trashed the previous
> messages already let me know, i'll send it to you offline.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Vacik
>
> -------
> Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
> > Huh? I must have mistyped something, because it certainly doesn't sound like
> > "Joy to the world..."!!!

Thanks for the pointer. I think I lost the original message. If you could send it
to me off the list, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!