Re: NTLK Re: Newton and CDMA data

From: Doug Fuss (dfuss@ct.freei.net)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 11:27:14 EST

Glad to hear it worked for you, too.

> The modem setup appears to only allow connections up to 9600.
> Bumping this up to 14.4 with Modem Modifier causes the connection to fail
> immediately.

I have never tried connecting for any length of time using the GSM-Erickson
setup or the PCS 1900/Nokia 2190 setup but I did manage to connect once. In
each case, however, I did change the "config speed" to 19200 and checked the
connect speeds from 19200 and slower. When connected the phone displays that
it is connected at 14.4. One must set the "config speed" to 19200 because
that is the speed of the serial connection. The modems connect at 14400.

You might want to try the following setup I've labeled "Qualcomm" within
Modem Modifier. I use this setup when I connect and it works for me
reliably. Most of these settings came from Jim George, a Qualcomm tech
support rep.:

ID the Modem: False
Use Hardware CD: True
Use Config String: True
Use Dial Options: False
Hang Up At Disconnect: True
Supports Cellular: False
Supports EC: True
Supports LCS: False
Direct Connect Only: False
Connect Speeds: Check all boxes 19200 and slower
Config Speed: 19200
Command Timeout: 5000
Max Cars per Line: 40
Inter-Command Delay: 50
Modem ID String: blank
Config String No EC: AT&FE1Q0X4&C2&D2
Config String EC Only: AT&FE1Q0X4&C2&D2
Config String EC And Fallback: AT&FE1Q0X4&C2&D2
Config String Cellular: blank
Config String Direct Connect: AT&FE1Q0X4&C2&D2

Good luck,

Doug

douglas.fuss.pc.86@aya.yale.edu
ICQ: 63846722

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't
believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people
who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find
them, make them.

George Bernard Shaw, Mrs. Warren 's Profession

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!