Re: NTLK The Newton's successor?

From: mi(c)i (mici@mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 14:29:49 EST

i did last year. i definitely must say that it was worth of the spending - i
bought memory chips from Abe Lee from Korea and the local Apple service
provider did the upgrade. Forget all that re/freezing sets of packages,
closing applications in spite of running others, low memory hang-ups. on the
other hand it brings the infamous -10061 bug i never experienced before
upgrade but good cures are available (Richard C. L. Li's SysPatch for
instance). benefits are clearly visible, it's different machine now. If you
are using Newton extensively and it is worth improving it's performance than
go on and upgrade.

Michael Vacik (Prague, Czech rep.)
mici@mac.com

------
Michael Strange wrote:

> Actually, I was wondering about this. I have an unupgraded mp2k. I am
> planning on the Dr. Newton memory upgrade. And have seen this listed. Is
> it a killer upgrade? Will I be blown away? Who has had it done, and do you
> reccomend it.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!