NTLK Frozen Newton Project

From: Filmer, Paul E (pfilmer@nsf.gov)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 14:23:38 EST

I looked into this as well, but the number of small parts to be molded make
this much more than a weekend project. Looking closely at the masanewton
page, there are probably also some parts that would need to include brass
inserts/collars to give a stronger screw thread, since the clear resin
might not be particularly hard...

But, given time and a spare case, this would be easily do-able once you
mastered the casting technique. Anyone want to buy my silicone casting
video that I got when I thought I would have time to do this? It has all
the instructions, plus a booklet that includes tables of different silicon
mold and resin products and their curing times, as well as a list of
suppliers...

Paul F.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!