Re: NTLK Re: Frozen Newton Project

From: Steve Kramer (sakramer@corecomm.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 13:07:47 EST

I would say that the price tage of $500 for the clear case is a ridiculous
sum. I run a Newton Group and this case has garnered a lot of interest from
our last meeting. The price would come down considerably if the run of
cases is increased. As for price I would be willing to pay $100-150 for
this ultra-cool case. And with that 15 of my members would do the same.

Again I commend the Japanese for making this a possibility. Their
enthusiasm for making accessories for dead products like the Newton and
Powerbook 2400 is truly inspiring.

Steve Kramer
Northwest of Us Newton Group

> From: ST8SALE@aol.com

> Subject: NTLK Re: Frozen Newton Project
>
> Yesterday, I received an email from Kaz, (kazu@5net.com), a contact person
> for the Frozen Newton Project. It seems the price is down to 60,000 yen,
> around $550. Much better than the initiaI $1000 for the Newton clear case.
>
> For me, the clear Newton shell costs are much too high .
> I may reconsider it if it fell to about $200. But, Im sure that would be an
> insult, as it seems to be very time consuming and expensive to produce. I
> only wish there was a way to get this cheaper, or at least, shown how we can
> produce it on this of the Pacific pond.
> I sent an email to Kaz and asked him if he and his Frozen Newton Project
> comrades could show us how they produced the Newton 2k clear case. (Perhaps,
> others on this list could ask the same question.)

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!