Re: NTLK Jaggies, again

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 20:32:23 EST

>Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:31 +0800
>From: "Kenny Song" <kensong@pc.jaring.my>
>To: "NewtonTalk" <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: Re: NTLK Jaggies, again
>
>-----------
>>Hi all. I've been getting the jaggies on my upgraded 2000 more and more
>>over the past few months. I tried the
>>folded-paper-under-the-corner-of-the-screen thing, and that tends to
>>supress it mostly, but I was wondering if there was a permanent fix. Does
>>it involve opening the Newton?
>>
>>Thanks for any info,
>>Alex
>-----------
>Well, the only time I had jaggies was when I tried using my Newt without a
>screen protector. The explanation could be because the Barrier or Nushield
>that I now use slides between the screen and the bezel limiting the space
>where grit might otherwise gets lodge and cause jaggies. Just my
>experience and a thought.
>
>Kenny Song

The standard answer to this question is to run a small, thin piece of
plastic or cardboard under the screen case all around the screen while
trying to pull out any grit as you go. Kenny's suggestion might work,
but NuShields are under the screen all around the case. They can prevent
the problem but may or may not solve it. The best advice is to try to
clean the grit out first, then use a screen protector.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.net> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!