Re: NTLK Looking for Newton Works

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 10:17:07 EST

Andreas Matthias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've seen screenshots of something called Newton Works, that looked to me
> like a word processing application. Unfortunately I was not able to locate
> this program on the usual Newton FTP sites.
>
> Does anybody know where I can get this, and does it work on a MP 130? As
> an alternative, could you suggest some text editing Newton application
> that has more functionality than the plain builtin notebook?
> (search/replace, elemetary formatting etc).

Sorry to say, but Newton Works requires a NOS 2.1 MessagePad (MP2000, MP2100
and eMate), so that disqualifies your MP130, sorry. However, you can look at
"AvailWorks" from PelicanWare <http://www.pelicanware.com/>. That's a "works"
package designed specifically for NOS 2.0 MessagePads (MP120 and MP130).

There was another thread about this package in the list. Check it out.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!