Re: NTLK New Apple PDA?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 02:27:29 EST

Rumours....schmourors (try pronouncing that!)
I have lost all faith in Apple's ability to "wow"
me...I was a Mac network administrator for 10 years
and when Jobs came in and devastated the Mac Clone
industry (we had over 100 clones deployed in almost
every department) and then he killed off the Newt!
Well, what can I say, fool me once, shame on
you...fool me twice, shame on me! Well, now I work for
a B-I-G internet company, and the closest thing to a
Mac product anywhere in the company is spelled MAC
(notice the capitalization...hint, it has nothing to
do with Apple)
And yes, I agree. Jobs increased the stock price...and
I made a killing (purchased at $50, sold at
$130...paid for my wife's and my vacation this year
with a some left over)
I just don't believe any of the purposeful
mis-information that comes from Apple...and honestly?
I don't believe that Jobs has any tricks up his sleeve
left to wow me with...but, I'm an open minded
man...and I sit here with a devout agnostic
stance...so I say to Jobs and Apple, "show me, wow me,
let's see if you still 'got-it'"
ed
web/gadget guru

--- ZACINCCEO@aol.com wrote:
> Ed, I respect your views but I oppose what you say,
> if Jobs didn't run apple,
> it would probably have been sold off, look at the
> stock price it was around
> 30 in 96 now its around 150 so he is doing something
> right, I love the new
> products, I agree that nothing can replace the newt
> but they will have some
> good stuff coming out I even heard a rumor of a
> "Internet appliance".
> -Zac
>
> In a message dated 3/25/00 1:16:49 AM,
> tech_ed@yahoo.com writes:
>
> << There's been so much crap flying out of Cupertino
> since Jobs trashed the Newt, there's nothing they
> can
> do to make a believer out of me, other than to
> release
> the thing...
> I'm completely soured by the "rumors" and the
> "speculation" and if there is one thing that Jobs is
> better at doing, other than running Apple, its
> keeping
> a secret...so ANYTHING you hear is pure bunk! Hell,
> the Area51 skunk works can't keep a secret as good
> as
> Jobs...
> Ed
> web/gadget guru >>

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://im.yahoo.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!