Re: NTLK TapBar applets

From: Michael Wittmann (mcw@wam.umd.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 18:21:36 EST

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Ching Yi Tsai wrote:

> Just want to make a point that each TapBar module takes up definite
> amount of heap space. I used to have an eMate, and I found that by
> removing TapBar and its modules, I have saved a lot of heap space.

I've noticed this myself in my use of TapBar, and that's actually one of
the reasons why I mentioned getting rid of one module in favor of
another. I try to keep the number of modules down to a minimum, basically,
while trying to maximize the effectiveness of what I can do with the
machine. Of course, DashBoard would be more powerful (as someone pointed
out) but at its own heap price and monetary price...

By the way, I don't mean to come across as the world expert on the
package, I just like it...

michael

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!