Re: NTLK Some Newbie Questions

From: jon glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 02:20:04 EST

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 4:35 AM, Brian McEwen
<mailto:brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu> wrote:
> One thing to note though- some ISPs have a cutoff for how slow you can go
> and still have PPP. 14.4 is about as slow as I'd count on having PPP
> access available, without checking first. The newton modems, if you mean
> the cigarette pack ones, only came in 2400 baud data/9600 fax (at least,
> I've never heard of a faster one).

In my experience, the cigarette pack modem is also too slow to use with
Aloha (AOL) and Globalnet. It will time out every time. I haven't tried it
recently with AOLNet, so I don't know if it works in the States with Aloha.

-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5@aol.com>