Re: NTLK Some Newbie Questions

From: jon glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 02:24:42 EST

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 2:43 AM, Anthony Helm <mailto:kajiai@msua.ac.jp>
wrote:
> 1. 1 PCMCIA slot: How best to work with the internet? My current idea is
> copy the internet programs to a memory card until needed. Then, copy back
> the Internal storage, pop out the memory card, pop in the modem card and
> surf. When finished, repeat the process.

I have a 130 instead of an eMate, so my advice may not be valid, but I find
it easier, and more useful to keep only the internet software on internal
store. All other packages go on my card. This gives me more storage space
for email, but also, when I eject the card, all my programs and extensions
are unmounted, leaving me much more heap for internet. I've done this since
my 120, and find it quite useful for email.

That said, it would seem to me, that on an eMate, you don't need to be
worried about heap and storage. It should have enough for everything.

> 2. I'm looking at Simple Mail and NewtScape as the best combination for
'net
> work. Any comments?

Considering these are the only two still-supported programs, and they are
both at the top of their class, I would say that I agree with you. :-)

Concerning "junk" the only thing I can think of is the "Internet Setup"
package. Once you have your setup set, you can delete it. I keep mine on my
card.

-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>