NTLK Some Newbie Questions

From: Anthony Helm (kajiai@msua.ac.jp)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 20:43:18 EST

I still consider myself a newbie and am trolling for some advice.

We purchased an eMate several months back, and I just bought some memory
cards from Paul Braham. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to be an eMate
power user. Yes, I know, going from 0 to 60 is not good advice, but I'm
hardly a computer novice (Macs mostly) and I've enjoyed my Palm for 2 years
now.

What do I want to know?
1. 1 PCMCIA slot: How best to work with the internet? My current idea is to
copy the internet programs to a memory card until needed. Then, copy back to
the Internal storage, pop out the memory card, pop in the modem card and
surf. When finished, repeat the process.
2. I'm looking at Simple Mail and NewtScape as the best combination for 'net
work. Any comments?
3. What "junk" may have been installed by default that I might want to look
at deleting?

Well, that's a starter set of questions. Oh, BTW, the eMate is memory
upgraded, too.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Anthony