RE: NTLK White Backlight Kit

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys@honeywell.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 11:51:55 EST

Robert Benschop wrote:

> Would it be possible to post a picture of an original and one
> with a white
> backlight newt on the web or else some kind of review.
> I will be interested in time but I would like to know what I'm buying.
Yes. I am in the midst of creating my web site. I will have before and after
pictures available.

> I would be interested in readability and intensity for
> instance and in the
> durability of this light source as well.
The backlight provides greater contrast than the original green and is quite
bright (though it is not obtrusive). The source has a life of 60,000 hrs (~4
yrs).

> BTW, would it be possible to ad a thin layer of filter
> material, I think it
> would be interesting to buy the white one and change it to
> the color of your
> preference, in case I wouldn't be totally happy with it I
> could go from blue
> to green etc.
Yes. Although space is limited. I would do it at the source end rather than
the display side.

Regards,
David Humphreys
PCB Designer