Re: NTLK B/W G3+ Keyspan serial + MP130 + IPNetrouter

From: charlie allom (charlie@rubberduck.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 04:24:43 EST

on 14/3/00 05:07, Brian McEwen at brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu wrote:

> The other option would be vicom SoftRouter, which also supports MacIP

my experience with VIG (which is the same as VSR, no?) is that it is such a
slow soft-router that when connecting my newton via MacIP to my G3,
SimpleMail timed out, even trying to send small emails.

i looked into IPNR and somewhere along the line i concluded that IPNR won't
allow the newton to get DNS working properly once it's connected to the
Internet.

of course it was all technical crap which i wasn't really too quick to pick
up on. but it's all there on the sustworks website..

=)

--
charlie@rubberduck.com
Melbourne, Australia

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!