Re: NTLK Failed PC card slot

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 16:43:30 EST

Yes,I had a PC card slot go bad on me (not my Newt
mind you, but in one of the inferior handhelds)
Turned out that a substandard pc card was inserted
(the guide rails were flawed) at a bad angle. This
bent a single pin completly over. The card could be
fully inserted, but one pin was bent down. The
troubling aspect here was not only was the pin bent
but it was shorting out another pin in the process!
After I opened the machine to straighten the bent pin,
it broke off and the device was scrap! (not worth
fixing)
Oh well...I dont use the slot anymore...but sometimes
I use it as a backup device...
Ed
web/gadget guru

http://im.yahoo.com