Re: NTLK dongle me...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 00:11:19 EST

I remember reading somewhere (was it Doc Newton's web
site?) that you could make your own Dongle, I think he
used a connector that he would sell you, you wired it
up, and I think he used a dental floss case as a mold
for the acrylic resin...Looked really cool! And I
remember that he also sold a retrofit plug that went
in to that little <ABS> blank next to the Dongle port
that gave a standard Apple round pin connector. If I
remember correctly, it required 3 or 4 solder points
on the MB but it also disabled the dongle port in the
process...
Does anyone remember this? Or was I dreaming I was in
a perfect world?
Ed
web/gadget guru

http://im.yahoo.com