Re: NTLK Check this out - homemade clearcase MP2K

From: Matt Garrison (iluvmacs@mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 23:41:30 EST

>Sorry to burst any bubbles out there but I have seen this newton, or
>at least one like it 3 years ago. All Newton prototypes were made in
>clear plastic. I have a 110 that is clear. It was given to me by a
>friend of mine at Apple. The Japanese arn't innovating their just
>copying.

You're forgetting one important note: the pictures were of an
MP2000, not a 110. There have never been previous reports of
anything like this in the 2000 series (at least to my knowledge).
There were clear OMP/100's, 110's (the most widely available), and I
think a very few 130's. Please note that these weren't prototypes;
they were publicly released! I also recall hearing about something
like mauve MP2x00's, but certainly not clear. And I can't forget the
black eMate...

Anyway, my first thoughts upon seeing this was that it was a
prototype--I've seen clear prototype units of the Mac Classic and SE.
However, I changed my mind when the label on the back said nothing
about it being a prototype (something Apple always does). It's most
likely that someone just made a duplicate case (par the instructions
given on this list earlier) and put the innards in it.

Matt Garrison
iluvmacs@macline.com
iluvmacs@mac.com
Proud owner of 2 Apple Power Macintoshes and 2 Apple Newtons!

Your computer is dead...
it was once so alive.
Don't you regret installing
Windows 95?