NTLK ncu for windows password

From: Arnie Lerner (lernerfilm@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 22:29:21 EST

i swore i wasn't going to waste any more time on trying to connect my pc
and newton, but alas, one more attempt

i have downloaded ncu for about the fifth time, and everything is fine
until i try to make a connection. then i get the screen on my mp2100
asking for a password. no matter what i put in, the response is that
the desktop is not accepting the password.

when i go to ncu settings, passwords, no matter what i put in "old
password" the desktop rejects it as the wrong old password.

i have never entered a password in ncu

i have reinstalled ncu, making sure that i didn't put in a password

i have tried to put in a new password

i have tapped x on the mp screen to bypass the password....nothing gets
me past this block

i have tried every combination of auto dock, and save password in the
prefs

this is it...i've been a newton owner for a while, but relegated to
using it as a rolodex

all i want to do is download simplemail and install it on the mp2100,
but i cannot get it to connect with the pc

anybody got any ideas before this thing goes in the bottom drawer of my
desk forever?

arnie

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!