Re: NTLK ReADVICE:Touchscreen/Case Cleaning DEBATEANSWER

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 18:17:10 EST

Don't use alchohol on any optic quality glass! Why?
Coatings! Lenses, monitors, LCDs, all of them are
coated with something, anti-glare, protective plastic,
or what-not. I don't care if Apple says it's OK or
not...unless they're willing to replace it if it gets
damaged! which I doubt. My own personal experience
shows that Alchohol damages coatings, all of them...
So, in a word, don't do it!
Ed
web/gadget guru

http://im.yahoo.com