Re: NTLK OT: PenPoint

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 01:18:00 EST

hmmm, Penpoint came installed on my EO...And I believe
that it was compiled for different processors...So, I
don't think that the version of PenPoint for the EO
will work on anything that is not the same processor
as the EO...(what that is, I can't remember...I think
I remember it started with an "h") When I upgraded to
PenPoint 2.1, they sent me a Flash card (which I've
long reformated to use with my Newton)
The Y2K thing that I came up against is that when I go
to change the date (it reads 3/03/99 right now) I
can't give it any year beyond 99...truely sucks! If I
try and change it, it comes back and says I must use a
date between...and the upper limit it 99...so, one of
the tasks that it was designed to do most you can
nolonger use...task scheduling! I guess you could find
a year that is like 00 and try that...but it's not
worth it...I use mine as a fax machine (paperless!)
Sorry to hear that you don't like the Pen Windows for
95! As far as a Windows 95 option goes, I think it is
quite good! You might be able to get one of those
docking stations that use PCMCIA cards to replicate a
keyboard and mouse ports so that you can install
regualr windows (but you might not want to because the
processor in those machines are so old, the speed
wouldn't be worth the effort to upgrade!

Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
http://im.yahoo.com