RE: NTLK Battery Replacements

From: System Support Products, Inc. (sspi@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 09:23:09 CDT

>On Tue, Jun 6 2000 markr13 wrote:
>>I just read in the most recent Consumer's Reports that NiMH batteries and
>>chargers will be offered for sale soon. The question I have for all you
>>battery experts out there is: can these AA sized NiMH batteries be
>>charged using the Newton charger while in the Newton AA battery holder,
>>or do you need to purchase the charger for these batteries separately?

    I'm not sure exactly what you are reading, but NiMH batteries and
chargers have been around for a long time. There has been
considerable discussion on this list about using them in the
different Newton models.

    For my 130, I charge them in an external charger although from
what I remember that may not be necessary.

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini
      Software Engineer
      System Support Products, Inc.