Re: NTLK Battery Replacements

From: Hai Ng (nghai@whatexit.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 09:22:35 CDT

On 6/5/00 8:40 PM, markr13 said:

>I just read in the most recent Consumer's Reports that NiMH batteries and
>chargers will be offered for sale soon. The question I have for all you
>battery experts out there is: can these AA sized NiMH batteries be
>charged using the Newton charger while in the Newton AA battery holder,
>or do you need to purchase the charger for these batteries separately?

I believe that there is a sensor on the Newton's rechargable NiMH pack
that tells the Newton that it is a NiMH pack. Only on receiving that
signal will the Newton attempt to charge the battery.

If you use the AA holder, the Newton does not charge as it will be
considered non-chargeable disposable batteries.

-
nghai