Re: NTLK two silly questions

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 13:18:45 CDT

Merseybeet@aol.com wrote:

> 1) is there anyone out there with the time and patience to guide me thru the
> maze of setting up my newton(2k) to do simple web-browsing and email? i think
> i already have most of the software.

Do you have already an ISP? Internet setup? What email client did you install? These are the first questions.

> 2) is it possible to translate the palm "starbucks locater" type program into
> somthing the newton can read? what if one dumped it into palm desktop and
> then did all the tricks to sync it with the newton? ok, ok.. it'll never
> work. SO... i'd glady pay $30 bucks if someone could convert it over to the
> Newton format.

Is this "Starbucks Locater" an application? If so, it means it would have to be re-written from scratch to work on the Newton, since the Newton doesn't use the same CPU and the same OS
than Palm. If it's really a standalone application, than it's a total re-write, not just a conversion, sorry...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com