NTLK Backup problems from nowhere on 9.0 (not 9.0.4)

From: Peter Krug (biopwkx@panther.Gsu.EDU)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 12:42:48 CDT

Hey folks,

Help! In the last few weeks I haven't been able to back up my little
green buddy!! I've tried reinstalling NCU, even downloaded a copy of
NBU. I've made sure my Apple Modem Tool is the one installed by NCU.
I -CAN- use NCU and NBU to install packages, so I can't figure out
what's wrong. I've tried removing the backup files, too. What
happens is that the connection between the Newton and my iMac (system
9.0) drops while "making Backup". I really need to get my LGB backed
up before I take it to a meeting in Portland this weekend (and
vacation in Portland/Seattle afterwards).

Ooh. That reminds me. Does anyone have any maps or .pkgs related to
travel in the northwest (USA) they could send me? As usual, I'm
waiting to the last second to prepare for the meeting...no time for
vacation planning.

Also, does anyone have any experience with using a Megahertz XJA3288
with ATT Worldcom? I almost connect okay (normal modem sounds
abound) but then all I hear is a monotone loud beep. I've downloaded
the Hayes compatible driver (as DNUG/modems suggests) but I haven't
got a chance to try it (all the others drivers fail the same way).

Thanks a bunch in andvance for any help with these problems.

Peter
Peter W. Krug, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Associate
Herpes B Virus Research Lab