Re: NTLK Off topic: minidisc (was MP3 decoding chip?)

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 11:12:01 CDT

Actually it is quite simple. Cd quality. A disk that is small enough to put
in a pocket. The Sharp player/recorder is about the size of the minidisc and
about 3/4" thick so is also a lot smaller than full size cd players. There
is now a minidisc recorder/player for auto's so now you can also record
anything off it. If you have a multi (cd) disc changer you can record from
that to minidisc while driving to work etc. Very hard to get minidisc to
skip. In fact in the 1 1/2 years I have not had it skip at all, no matter
what I am doing.
 I have a Sharp 702 player/recorder and I have a Sony Minidisc player in my
van. I have over about the past year and a half recorded my cd collection
(250+ cd's) onto minidisc. I can carry them around in a case that is about
half the size of a briefcase. The minidiscs are just about indistructable. I
record all my minidisc's from a sony system that has an optical out. I heard
that there are cards for computers that now have an optical out.
Hey if I could find a way to use them to store programs on the computer I
would. Sony had released something a couple years ago but seems to have
disappeared.

Larry

Subject: Re: NTLK Off topic: minidisc (was MP3 decoding chip?)