NTLK HWR (again)

From: Bradley Smith (BradleyS@artisansw.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 07:56:18 CDT

Looking through the archives (I've been away for a while) I noticed a few
threads on the Newton's awesome HWR. It is excellent I agree but someone
made the point that it's the best because it adapts to your HW. This is not
always true. I write the #6 as shown below (view with a fixed font): -

         *<--- End here
       *
      *
     * *<-- Start here
     * *
       * *

There is no way that the Newt would take this as a #6. I was forced to
change the way I write the number 6 in order to make my Newton usable. It
seems that it will adapt to little nuances in the way we write but it won't
allow you to adjust anything too radical!

Brad.

P.S. It's good to be back - can't wait for my recently won MP2100 to arrive
<gloat> :-)