Re: NTLK Converting/Fixing unrecognized packages

From: ThisOlNewt@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 07:36:55 CDT

In a message dated 7/10/00 3:16:20 AM, particlestorm@hawaii.rr.com writes:

>I would like to write an AppleScript or simple app where you could drag
>and drop files on a folder/application utility and have it automatically
>convert it to not only a readable package for the Newt, but also have it
>recognized and assigned a Newton Package icon on the Mac.

PackType by steve weyer does this. But I have also been a fan of FinderPop
for the Mac. It adds some functionality to the mac like seeing in .sit archive
s but you can use it to repair file types on the fly. Its great and only
costs a pint of ale...

Links to these are on our Links page "the Son of Ultimate Newton"
Good Luck

Keep the Green™
Rich
This Old Newt
http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html
The Online Newton Monthly,
Home of the NewtonWebRing, Interviews, Used Price Guide, FAQ, and the Largest
set of active Newton links!