NTLK I'm not your (list)mom, but a suggestion.....

From: josh_rodefer (josh_rodefer@hms.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 06:38:15 EST

Howdy

As a relative newcomer to the list, I have greatly appreciated being able to
absorb
all of the collective knowledge here -- hopefully my new-to-me MP2k will be
even more useful when i get it on the web. However, and this is not meant to
piddle on everyone's parade, but I was wondering if folks might try to be more
aware of what
and how much text they are quoting from a previous query, and/or their sig
file length.

In the last digest -- which seemed huge to me -- 60+ messages, 174k
on my email server -- i counted the number of messages that had more quoted
material than new material, and it turned out to be about 25-33% of the total
messages. While I don't recall many (or any) "me too" types of postings,
there
were more than a handful that quoted the full message (or quoted the full
message
which in itself quoted a partial/full message).

If other folks are like me, once digests get too big, you just don't read
them, and
that defeats the purpose of a great groups such as this. I guess another way
to do it
might be to cap the digests at 25-30 messages vs the 1-day approach, but
that's another
ball of wax.

I'll go put on my flame-retardant pajamas now ;-)
cheers,
Josh

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com