Re: NTLK StarTac phone

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 13:11:42 EST

Well, that depends...if you can get the cables, then
yes, it will work. I use the Simple 33.6 modem with my
Newton 2000 all the time (it has that little
"pull-out" phone jack on it) Contact Simple:
http://www.simpletech.com/
and see if they still support this modem (I didn't see
anything on thier website though...
The simple modem is cellular ready and does MNP-10
which is the Cellular compression/error correction
technology. BTW, I have used this modem with a
Microtac phone several times, but usually I use the
Motorola modem (you can get these cellular ready
modems cheap for about $49...the cables are still
available from Motorola also but usually go for $69.

So, in answer to your question, yes...but depending on
if they carry it any more.
Ed
Web/Cell phone guru

=====