Re: NTLK NewtonMAD and it's originator, Kenneth Wong...

From: mguzzo@harmac.com
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 08:19:27 EST

"Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com> wrote:

--
If I recall correctly, NCU was bundled with the 2x00 and eMate, and
NewtonPress
was given to 2000 upgrades to 2100, but otherwise, they were sold. But
they're
not manufactured anymore, so we're in a kind of void. Technically, we can't
redistribute these softwares. In practice, those softwares were for sale,
but are
not manufactured anymore, so, what can we do? I've never heard, except for
NTK
but that was before the Newton was axed, of any software that Apple
initially
sold, but decided to give away at some point. Previous system software were
always available freely, up to recently, so that's not the same situation.
--

NCu was bundled with my MP130. Actually my MP130 (factory fresh Japanese version) came with both NCU and NBU and UniFEP. (But a hard reset made it English again).

Michael Guzzo

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com