Re: NTLK Newton Inc For Sale

From: charlie allom (charlie@rubberduck.com)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 02:23:05 EST

>If Apple could pull all this together in 1 unit, and throw in decent
>handwriting recognition (Rosetta), I think this would be a worthy
>Newton successor. It won't replace a Newton, but in many ways it
>would be superior.

how are you going to use Rosetta on a palm sized screen? it would be
horrible. face it, if apple is going to release a palm based device
it will not include (the whole) Rosetta. if they expected people to
write full sentences on a screen that big then they aren't the
company i thought they were..

i also find that a palm device with 340MB of storage is a totally
stupid idea. i -can- almost imagine a newton with that much space.
but a palm has far too much of a limiting data entry maximum speed
(i.e. graffiti), whereas a newton can double as a small computer (and
it often does in my case).

palm is for contacts/notes and toys. newton is for real work.

all IMO of course =)

--
charlie@rubberduck.com
Melbourne, Australia