NTLK Newton Questions

From: newtontalk@darkproductions.com
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 23:10:20 EST

I owned an MP100 and an MP120. I loved them, but eventually quit
using them mainly due to the (lack of) speed and bad synchronization.
I recently got a HandSpring Visor through work, and this brought back
a flood of memories. The problem is that the Palm device can't do
what I remember.

So, I bought a MP2100 (upgraded MP2000). Now, this is more like it.
This is a really nice machine. It may be larger than the Palm and
WinCE devices, but it is larger in functionality and elegance too.

As I started looking around, I couldn't help but be thrilled to see
the Newton Community still holding on in fairly large numbers with
pride in these wonderful devices.

Anyway, I have a few questions:
1. I am trying to sync with NCU 1.0 with my PowerBook 1400. I am
having difficulty getting it to finish-it appears to freeze or stall
on the 1400. When it did work, it took a LONG time-it reminds me
what frustrated me before. What can I do to improve the process?

2. And it does not appear to be sync'ing important data like e-mail
and web pages-the fields don't appear to map. And ideas on how to do
this?

3. There are a few soups left on the machine from the previous
owner-nothing big, but I'd like to clean them up. Can anybody
recommend a good Soup editor or other tool to help?

4. I have begun to "play" with e-mail and Internet access. What are
the trade-offs between EnRoute, Simple Mail, and Eudora?

5. And related to this, what are all of the different parts of NIE
2.0 for? And can I remove any of them to save space?

Thanks,

Long live the Newton!

--
<dindae@darkproductions.com>    The Dark One    UnderEmployed God-Emperor