[NTLK] A couple of questions...

Martin Ossio martinossio at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 09:52:15 EDT 2019

Hi Donna,
I would love to help you find a solution. Actually, helping people to be happy in technology is my favorite hobby and what makes me very happy!
Some cards do require some software to be installed first. I have read there is a very strange card, that, don't worry, you probably don't have it, that can damage a Newton if you use it without a software installed in your Newton first.
Did you erase the content of the Newton before using it? If you did, probably if there is a software needed, we probably would have to install it first.
Can you please tell us the brand / model of the card, and whatever it may say on its front, so we could find more information specific to it?
With it, we could help you in the right direction.
Thanks!
Martin

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 7:34 AM, Donna Momorella via NewtonTalk<newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:   So I have added a Newton 2100 to my eMate 300, as of this week.

I also got a PCMCIA SD adapter with an SD card. The Newton is telling me something is wrong with the SD card when I insert it.. Is there something I need to do with new cards before the Newton will recognize them?

While we're at it... I have tried to install the Newton connection software on my Windows 10 machine. No dice. It doesn't like it. How can I get around this and get the software to work? Darn Gremlins, lol.

 Donna
----
I make jewelry -- what's YOUR superpower? Visit Gabey's Place and Handcrafted Jewelry by Donna today!