[NTLK] A couple of questions...

Akasaka Ryuunosuke vladkorotnev at gmail.com
Mon May 6 10:27:55 EDT 2019

Hello, Donna Momorella via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net>

On Mon, 6 May 2019 11:33:47 +0000 (UTC)
Donna Momorella via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:

> I also got a PCMCIA SD adapter with an SD card. The Newton is telling
> me something is wrong with the SD card when I insert it.. Is there
> something I need to do with new cards before the Newton will
> recognize them?

The PCMCIA SD card adapters are essentially ATA cards, rather than the
linear cards the Newton OS expects.

Thus, in order to use them, you need to install the Paul Guyot's ATA
Driver software beforehand onto the internal memory. While that works
well, it was a bit slow for me on the eMate, but very well in the
MP2000U.

Sadly I have lost the link to the software but it is likely on UNNA or
Paul Guyot's website, or maybe someone from the list can chime in on
that.

Sincerely,
- Ak.R.

Genjitsu Gadget Lab Member 001