[NTLK] NewTNG 3.0

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Tue Nov 29 20:13:05 EST 2011

On 30.11.2011, at 02:01, Michael wrote:

> The point of my idea was not a "not-going-to-happen" Newton, but
> rather a project that would be technologically feasible and *could*
> possibly be put together if there were people interested in putting
> together the pieces & spending some time.
>
> Unfortunately, it seems like the interest isn't really there

What do you mean there is no interest? You received more than a hand full of ideas, an offer to CNC the encasing, and I put the beer into the fridge for the celebration already... .

Practically though, it would be easier to use an existing Android device, run Einstein on it, and add a Newton'ish encasing. You'd get Wifi, Bluetooth, infinite RAM, cameras, phone, etc. etc. without switching on the soldering iron once.

 - Matthias