[NTLK] Translations [OT] - was: Hi there, eMate 300 in Germany

Berthe M. Willumsen bmw at bio.ku.dk
Sat Feb 27 04:31:05 EST 2010

I'd say that translation is right on - I didn't mean to say the same in English.

I guess the structure of Danish is much closer to that of English than to German.
Why it was so much harder with German in school.....

Impressive.

Berthe

> Ligegyldig hvad - enthusiasme eller hvad - det er bare ikke høfligt at
> kommunikere på en måde ikke alle forstår. Overhovedet ikke.

In case you're curious, Babel Fish didn't have a mode for translating your
Danish but Frengly thinks you said:

> No matter what - enthusiasm or what - it's just not polite to communicate in a
> way not everyone understands. Absolutely not.

Close enough, but not precisely how you put it into English.

Just my [OT] 2 cents plus taxes.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant