[NTLK] Mail V Problem, was Re: Newton vs. E5830 Blog Up

Andy Hill adhill at fastmail.co.uk
Sun Feb 7 18:05:28 EST 2010

Hi,

These sorts of problems are so, so infuriating. I notice that the error
code description suggests that a package or soup may be missing. I used
to get it a lot but I can't remember for the life of me why it was. See
here:

http://tools.unna.org/errors/query.php?code=-48204

However if you haven't changed anything that is quite strange. You could
try the following:

Check that all your Mailv packages are on the same store?

Freeze all unnecessary internet packages - I think you should only need
to have:

Internet enabler
Internet set up
Devices
Ethernet set up
WLAN driver
Mail V.

Check that the disconnect delay options are the same in the relevant
internet set up and the MailV prefs in Inbox/outbox.

Change the disconnect time to Never and see what happens then.

Change the 'Disconnect after sending' option in Mailv prefs and see what
happens.

Does it happen after sending as well as receiving email? Does it happen
if you email straight from Notes?

Freeze everything to do with MailV and try a different mail programme
like SimpleMail v 4. If the error occurs again it would indicate a
problem with packages other than MailV itself.

Can you try a wired Ethernet connection instead and see if it still happens?

Then there are the more radical solutions:

Do a backup/ restore.

Do a hard reset and load it all again.

Hope you solve it.

Andy