[NTLK] Mail V Problem, was Re: Newton vs. E5830 Blog Up

Simon Bell simonbell at me.com
Wed Feb 10 14:44:49 EST 2010

On 7 Feb 2010, at 20:34, Tony Douglas wrote:

> Mail V and I seem to have a love-hate relationship.

Me too :)

> I didn't change *anything*.

Well, something must have changed...

> Really, honestly I didn't.

Okay, okay, I didn’t say it was changed by you..

> I was just receiving mail like normal, then when the retrieval was
> finished, the Disconnecting ... slip seemed to take a bit longer
> than usual, then I got a -48204 error

What could be happening is that Mail V thinks it should be connecting
to another e-mail account -- one that doesn’t really exist. I can’t
work out why Mail V should be doing this, but that scenario fits the
symptoms you describe.

This being the case, it’s the Mail Access slips in your owner card
that are to blame. Has anything in your owner card changed? Anyway,
cleaning or rebuilding the InOut box isn’t going to affect anything.

You say you have recreated the Mail Access slips and that the problem
recurs, which may blow my theory out of the water; but before trying
another tack I would run the Mail Assistant just to make sure those
setups are OK.

Hope this gives you something to focus on

Simon